Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'll Run for Food

I went for a great run last night with my sister!


As I've stated in previous posts, I am no cardio buff!  I love strength training but I'm trying to find a love for running! I had a great 5km run with my sister last night in preparation for our first 5k race!  We're doing the | Running Room | resolution run on January 1st, gulp!

It was pouring rain and we finished our run off at the coffee shop! Nothing like warming up after a good run.

Needless to say, I came home on a high and wanted to cook a really tasty dinner of new clean-eating recipes, so I went searching ... and our dinner last night was so good!


Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad | Oh She Glows |

What you will need:
1 large sweet potato, peeled & chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 1/2 C cooked chickpeas
1 small onion, peeled & chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 T coconut oil, divided

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients and 1/2 T of the coconut oil together.


Mix until well combined. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 425 for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and mix in 1/2 T of the coconut oil until well combined.


Serves 2 ... so yummy!

I also served up | Tone It Up | Grinch's Green Beans ...


I was hoping to link to the one on their website but they must have recently taken it down. Fantastic recipe, we added some pomegranate seeds for extra crunch!

I also served the | Tone It Up | Garlicky Kale Salad which is too die for! Even if you don't like kale I'm sure you could give this a try.


If you want these recipes join the | Tone It Up | team!

Such a great dinner! I made sure to load my plate with green beans and kale so my dinner wasn't too high in starches from the potatoes & chickpeas. It hit the spot.


If you try these recipes let me know by commenting below!

Guess what I'll be having for lunch today? I'll run for food like this anytime!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Risse! And I'm especially glad you're sharing your recipes!! Glad you actually get to be the one doing the Resolution run this year (remember a few years ago?). I'd join you guys if I was at least eating solid foods at this point. Hee hee. Looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katherine, and thanks for reading my blog too! Wish you could join me but more than that I wish you were on solids :( Soon enough!!! Take care of yourself and your family!

    ReplyDelete