Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chocolate This & Chocolate That!


I am a chocolate addict.

That isn't hard for me to admit because I am ok having a love-hate relationship with it. (Who am I kidding? There is no hate!) But because I have such a passion for healthy & clean-eating I am always on the lookout for healthy recipes to feed my addiction, ahem, I mean to enjoy.

Low-and-behold I found these amazing recipes on the |Alive| website that I just had to share with you! If you try them, comment below and let me know how they turn out!


Chocolate Dipped Grapes

What you will need:
2 C red seedless grapes, stemmed
1/2 C dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa or more!)
1 T honey
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder


Wash the grapes, dry thoroughly.


Melt the chocolate chips in saucepan over low-heat, stirring continuously.
Remove from heat when melted and immediately stir in honey.


Allow chocolate to cool to room temperature before gently stirring in grapes.
Place chocolate-covered grapes on wax paper-lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.





Serves 8 at 87 calories a serving, amazing!



Chocolate Fruit Bark

Be cautious with this one. If you pick a low-cocoa content chocolate, sweetened chocolate, dried fruit with sugar or salted nuts the bark will not be as healthy!

What you will need:
12 oz high-quality unsweetened dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa!)
1/2 C no sugar added golden raisins
1/2 C no sugar added dried cherries, chopped
1/2 C no sugar added dried mango, chopped
1/2 C unsalted cashews, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger


Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.

In a double broiler, melt chocolate on low heat until smooth. Stir in half the dried fruit, nuts and all the spices.


Spread chocolate mixture onto cookie sheet. Sprinkle with remaining dried fruit & nuts. Press gently to adhere. Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes.


Break into pieces of desired size. Serves 10 at 311 calories a serving. It's worth every deliciously healthy calorie folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment