Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best. Gift. Ever.

We don't do many gifts at Christmas.

There is a reason for this, a personal choice for our family , and we keep our Christmas simple and focused on Jesus. 

We do stockings for the boys.


Filled with many  necessities ...


and a few  toys.


We work hard to teach them the importance of giving over receiving. We had the kids do a gift exchange with their cousins and it was so fun to see them finding joy in giving to others!

As adults, we always do a gift exchange with extended family. Every year is different, but this year we used | Elfster | a website that randomly draws you a name and you are an anonymous giver. So fun, check it out!

I put a few things on my "wishlist" to give my elf an idea of what matters to me. Things like the | Tone It Up | | One Day Fat Blast | DVD or | Resistance Tubes |. You get the idea!

So you can guess how thrilled  I was when I opened this from my elf ...


| Kettlebells | I was ecstatic ! And then I found out who my elf was ...


That's right, my husband! He knows me too well! (Wearing a gift that Taylor gave him, LOL!)

I can't wait to try this | Tone It Up | workout!


If you have or are planning on trying it, comment below and let me know how it is!

I am blessed to have a husband who loves my clean-eating cooking and encourages my love for fitness. I am humbled.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Sharisse!

    I'm not sure if you remember me, but my name is Ashley Mammel (Simpson) and I am Catherine Robertson's daughter!

    I saw that Tone it Up retweeted you, so I checked out your blog, and put the pieces together on who you were after I read your profile! So fun to reconnect, it looks like you are doing really well!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley! Of course I remember, wow! I didn't know that was you! And you are a trainer, I had no idea! Thanks for reading my blog! Are you a Tone It Up Member?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am! I haven't really ever tweeted about it...and I honestly haven't really followed it either! (a new member) I would like to in the New Year though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def follow and tweet! Its what keeps us all motivated and creative! Looking forward to connecting in the new year with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving reading through your posts, Risse! And LOVE the pics of the kids.

    ReplyDelete