Friday, September 30, 2011

Learning to Run!

Any runners out there? I am not. I don't like cardio, of any kind. I LOVE strength training and could do it everyday, but cardio is NOT for me.

So in my quest to get my pre-baby body back I decided to start running. You're not living until you're pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. At least that's what Jillian Michaels keeps trying to tell me: "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!". So, my sister and I joined a learn to run clinic through our local running store |The Run Inn|.

Thankfully the first few weeks have been somewhat easy, but we are running pretty slow - as in, I don't even break a sweat! So today I went on my first run outside of the clinic and thought it would be best if I pushed myself a little harder. I did 3 min run and 3 min walk 5x (a total of 30 minutes without warm up or cool down) and managed to go 5km! I was pretty happy! By the end I was willing my legs to move though, I'm not kidding!


I was also at a work conference all day and wanted to show you how you can stay fit and healthy with 3 kids and working all day.

So as for today:

6.30am - |Toneitup| |Bootycall| was 30 minutes of yoga
8.00am - M1 was 1C of Kashi GoLean cereal with 1/4C of unsweetened Almond Milk and 1/2 a banana. water.
8.15am - 1km power walk to the conference. water.
10.00am - M2 was 1 apple, 1/3C grapes and 1 domino size piece of cheese. water and green tea.
12.00pm - M3 was mixed veggies and some light meats. water. There wasn't a huge selection that fit the |Toneitup| plan. But I ate lots of veggies to fill up!


1.45pm - 2km power walk. black coffee and water.
3.00pm - 5km run/walk (3min run/3min walk 5x) water.
4.00pm - 1km power walk home and |Zico| Mango Coconut water.
5.00pm - M4 |ClifBar| Chocolate Mint, yum! Water.
8.00pm - M5 Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken on Spinach with Asparagus and Peppers on the side. Water. (See recipe on yesterdays blog!)

I try to remember the importance of liquids! Drink up! (|Zico| Coconut Water, Plain Water & Green Tea)


I was also planning on fitting in a TRX workout courtesy of my wonderful friend and trainer PJ from |Fitness with PJ| (check out her facebook page!) but there was a big spider in my house and I wasn't about to go near that floor! LOL :)

What kind of workouts do you fit in your day?



No comments:

Post a Comment