Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Eating the Pounds Away ...


So if you haven't already heard, I'm on this incredible lifestyle plan called |Tone It Up!|. This has changed my life. One of the main things it's brought to my life is a love for morning workouts, AKA |Bootycall|.

Most mornings the thought of a major workout makes me want to throw up. But this |Jillian Michaels| DVD is the perfect short, heart-pumping workout to start your day!

Now where I excel is healthy eating. Let me re-phrase that, ahem, clean eating! Lots of people call me extreme but I just can't see feeding my children certain things when I know what's in it. So what's so wrong with being extreme? I thought I'd share with you how wonderfully I can eat and still lose the baby weight!

Breakfast was a homemade |Tone It Up!| Pumpkin Spice Latte. Wow.


Breakfast was one of our favourites ... Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal! It's real easy. Just take 1C unsweetened almond milk, 1/4C canned pumpkin puree, a splash of vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 packet of stevia. Bring to a boil.

Add 1C of oats and turn to simmer until oats are cooked.

Once oats are cooked, add 2 tsp of unsalted almond butter. Top with 1/2 sliced banana and 1/8C of homemade, salt-free trailmix and VOILA!


I joined a local running clinic with my sister 3 weeks ago. I didn't have time to eat dinner before heading out for our run so I had a hard-boiled egg as a snack! When I got back from my 30 min run I did |Fitness with PJ| Gladiator routine 2x. Check her out on FACEBOOK. She is always giving advice, tidbits and posting workout videos!

Ah, now time for dinner! Spinach salad loaded with veggies and 1/4C of black beans and 1/8C of dry-roasted, unsalted cashews and of course, my |ZICO| water!

All in all today I ate lean, clean & green and did 1hr 30min of exercise as well as 3 60 second planks, 100 crunches, 60 jumping jacks & 50 side plank crunches. Not bad. Feels good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment